Destroyed Cowl

A part of Operation: Use Up Stash

Destroyed Cowl

This yarn was left over from a sweater I attempted 3+ years ago.  In fact, I was so frustrated with the sweater I gave it to Goodwill instead of ripping it out.  This Destroyed Cowl project is on Ravelry (click here), and is simple enough.  Basically, use a provisional cast on and continue in stockinette stitch for the desired length.  Then, graph the beginning and end and drop three stitches on each side.

Destroyed CowlEverything was going great until I dropped the stitches…once I unraveled the stitches back to the beginning, the graphing started unraveling as well because the stitches did not match up perfectly.  Now, this is only the third time I’ve grafted stitches, so I could have made a mistake.  But I later found another blog article (though now I can’t find it) that advised NOT graphing the beginning and end of the same piece for this exact reason.

I ended up taking waste yarn prior to weaving in ends the picked up the graphed stitches that were unraveling and sewing them back into the stockinette stitch.  You can’t really see any of this, and the graphing still looks invisible.

The second issue I have is that the edges of the stockinette inside the dropped stitches still rolls even after blocking.  Not super pleased with that little feature.

This will be warm, but I’m a little underwhelmed with how it turned out.

View this project on Ravelry.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s